The Education Coordinator plays a critical role in a dynamic organization. Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Education Coordinator assists to oversee Bike Austin Education Fund mission to education Austin & Central Texas on safe bicycle practices, coordinates with staff and procedural compliance of all current and future educational grants. Further duties include:
- Maintains, in conjunction with Executive Director, a grant application calendar for all grant requests deliverables.
- Performs various general grant administration functions such as billings, budget amendments, plan changes, program evaluation, etc.
- Ensures accurate and timely preparation of grant billings and reports in conjunction with Executive Director.
- Creates and maintains appropriate spreadsheets and documentation to support grant expenses in conjunction with Executive Director.
- Ongoing monitoring of grant program goals and monthly performance submittals to grantor.
- Schedule bicycle educational classes that include confirming venue, instructors and program material.
- Track attendance for classes and community out reach efforts.
- Works with Executive Director to gather data for reports and ensure that proper records are maintained.
- Communicates relevant grant information with Education Committee and all other appropriate internal users.
- Prepare written and statistical reports for various audiences.
- Perform any other duties, as necessary.
- Knowledge of grants and grant administration systems, processes and budgeting.
- Strong project management and time management skills; highly organized and detail- oriented
- Ability to analyze and systematically compile technical and statistical information and to prepare reports and correspondence; comprehend and make inferences from written material; communicate orally and in writing with customers, clients or the public; work effectively with a variety of staff, other governmental representatives, and the public; operate a variety of office equipment.
- Highly Proficient in Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying.
Twenty hours per week at $18 per hour
Benefits available after 30-day probation period. Bike Austin offers a very comprehensive health insurance plan as well as STD and LTD plans with FLEX benefits.
Submit resume along with cover letter to: Mercedes@bikeaustin.org
Please include in subject line: Education Coordinator