Join the Challenge and ride with us on the Bike Austin Team!
It’s the moment you’ve been waiting for: the National Bike Challenge is here! The National Bike Challenge officially is from May 1st to September 30th. and is free to participate! There are plenty of ways you can get involved: As an Individual, As a Workplace, Team & League, As a School an last but not least an Advocacy Challenge. Bike Austin is listed as Bike Austin of Central Texas and once you register you are automatically placed under Bike Austin based on your home city.
- Go to https://nationalbikechallenge.
- You’ll need a Strava account to participate. If you don’t have an account, no worries. It’s free to create and easy to use.
- What’s Strava? Strava is our registration and logging platform to minimize costs of our free National Bike Challenge. Strava is a website and mobile app used to track activity manually or via GPS. It can also interface with over 50 compatible GPS devices (e.g., Garmin, Fitbit, etc.).
- You can participate as an individual, with Bike Austin by joining the Bike Austin Club Account. or join many other clubs. Any club in Austin will go toward our Advocacy Goal!
- Jump on your bike.
- Track your miles on Strava.
You can update miles on the website manually or, on the go by downloading the smartphone app.
Sign up today and start tracking your rides. (It’s free, fun and easy.)
This year let’s log 20,000 miles and finish on top.
In its simplest form, the Challenge is an easy logging center for you to record the miles you ride while competing with other riders all over the country. But the National Bike Challenge is so much more than that. It is a community of people who all share a love of riding bikes. With competition possibilities on the local, state and national level, it is a free and easy way to challenge yourself, colleagues and the greater community to ride more. The Challenge aims to unite 100,000 riders to pedal 75 million miles from May 1, 2016 until September 30, 2016. Now in its fifth year, the Challenge is a successful partnership between PeopleForBikes and Kimberly-Clark’s Cottonelle Products brand.
Compete with your friends, co-workers and neighbors for a chance to win new prizes each month. It doesn’t matter if you’re riding hundreds of miles a week or just getting back in the saddle, you are welcome in the National Bike Challenge. Now get rolling!