Bike Austin worked hand in hand with dozens of organizations, Mayor Adler and the Austin City Council to shape the most ambitious bond for active transportation in Austin’s history. Then we worked to ensure that Prop 1 Mobility Bond passed in November, 2016. Now the work continues, as we make sure to have our voices heard about resource allocation for bike infrastructure. We need strong local advocates for bike infrastructure–some ways to get involved are below:
- Donate to Bike Austin – Our members and supporters helped make this victory possible, and we’ll need all the support we can get to implement the hundreds of million of dollars in Prop 1 for bike lanes, trails and sidewalks as quickly as possible.
- Donate to the Bike Austin Education Fund – Now that Austin will be building out it’s protected bike lane network, our educational arm will be ramping up it’s efforts to teach everyone how to use the new infrastructure safely. All donations to the Education Fund are tax-deductible.
- Attend our Monthly Neighborhood Bike Advocacy Meetings held every 2nd Wednesday at the Bike Austin Office from 6:30-8:00pm. We develop strategy, coordinate, and work on our ongoing local campaigns. Everyone is welcome! Plus we have snacks, drinks, and great company.
- Join an existing local campaign or contact Julia (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more info about our campaigns on Shoal Creek Rd, Teri Rd, Rundberg/Cameron Rds.
- Become a member! Our members give us the political strength to win initiatives like Prop 1. It’s only $35 to join, and you get all sorts of benefits for signing up. Click here to join or renew your membership!