2921 E. 17th St. | Bldg. D, Suite 4 | Austin, TX 78702
512-773-8775 | bikeaustin.org
Do you love bicycling and what it can do for our city? Are you looking for leadership experience in a growing non-profit? This is a great opportunity for you to use your creativity to build your community bicycle advocacy organization.
Bike Austin is seeking an energetic, dependable, outgoing, experienced, and flexible bicycling advocate to serve as our first Membership Director.
Position Title: Membership Director
Weekly Time Commitment: Full Time
Schedule: Mostly daytime, will occasionally include evenings and weekends
Reports To: Executive Director
Works with: Executive Director, Volunteers
Compensation: $1500-$2000/month to start, depending on experience, plus bonuses
Description of role: The Membership Director is the primary person responsible for Bike Austin membership development. She/He will create her/his own plans for increasing membership, with assistance from the Executive Director, as necessary. She/He will have access to organizational resources, including training opportunities and an existing pool of interested volunteers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit and retain a membership that reflects the diversity of the Austin metro
- Maintain member records
- Recruit, maintain, and manage volunteers
- Engage members through a variety of activities, such as socials, informational events, volunteer opportunities, and bike rides
- Communicate with members and public via email, social media, website, mass media, postal mail, phone, and in-person
- Represent Bike Austin at public meetings, to the media, and within the context of any other public venues
- Assist with other fundraising, including business sponsor development and grant acquisition
- Assist with political campaign planning and implementation
- Assist in developing marketing materials
- Work with other bicycle organizations, government staff, elected officials, neighborhood leaders, and other community stakeholders
- Assist with other tasks, as needed
Assist with strategic planning and other organizational planning needs
Qualities and Skills:
- Desire and self-initiative to inspire others in the mission of Bike Austin
- Dedication to build a growing and dynamic organization
- Capacity to work effectively with a diverse constituency
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency with office software (e.g. Microsoft Office, Google Docs)
- Proficiency with basic HTML and online blogging (e.g. WordPress)
- Adjectives: outgoing, personable, patient, enthusiastic, creative, experienced, and dependable
- Superior organizational, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage short- and long-term goals and timelines
- Experience with databases, especially GiftWorks and Salesforce
- Previous volunteer coordinator experience
- Previous membership development experience
- Other development experience, including grant writing
- Spanish proficiency
How To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to Tom Wald email@example.com . This position will remain open until filled.
About Bike Austin: We envision an Austin metro where all people enjoy safe, convenient, and comfortable bicycling as an everyday activity. We bring more people to bicycling through community outreach and by advocating more resources and better policy decisions in the Austin metro.